Sunday, January 12, 2014

Journal52 ~ Week 1: Up Up & Away

I have to admit that I struggled at the beginning of the week with this prompt. The first thought seemed to be balloons or birds of some kind. After several attempts that ended up in the trash, I finally settled on using a photo I took of a Willow Tree Angel given to my family when our Amy passed away a year and a half ago. 


I love the song You Raise Me Up by Josh Groban (I know he didn't intend it as a 'spiritual' song but it works well in this instance). With a slight alteration, I stamped You Raised Me Up Up & Away then cut out a pocket watch from the paper that says 'Perfection' because Amy is now perfect.


Taking it a step further, I printed out this Scripture verse from Psalm 45 onto a piece of parchment paper, then tore and inked it for a vintage look. The verse has special meaning for our family, as our nephew posted it on my FB wall after Amy's death. We knew we wanted to use it during her memorial service, and my BIL, who preached the service for us, read it aloud. 


Here's the completed page in the journal. So far, I've used the Rosewood paper pack from Colorbok. I think I'll try and find some more papers that coordinate so I can change it up a little as I go along. I'm sure each weeks prompt won't be conducive to these particular papers. 


I always have a hard time writing on the pages so I journaled on the back. What I should have done was make a pocket area behind the photo to slip a journal card in. Next time, I will remember this :)


It's not too late to join the group and start your art journal! The more the merrier. There are some fantastic artists in this group and I know I will be learning some great techniques this year. Also, the workshop is FREE so hop on over and check it out at Journal52.com.

Have a blessed day in the Lord!

8 comments:

  1. Number 2, I LOVE THIS, I really enjoy when artists share their creative process, I'd like to be creative but this escapes me, 'no false modesty here' so thank you, this is fun for me to see. It is also a beautiful way to enjoy Amy in another dimension.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lynn, Thanks for the sweet words! I'm trying to step out of comfort zone and try new techniques but most of those attempts are ending up in the trash :) I'm comfortable with my scrapbooking even though I'm not where I want to be in that hobby. Glad you enjoy my feeble attempts :)

      Delete
  2. You page is lovely, Anne. Not only is it artistic and beautiful, but holds significant meaning for you.
    I hope your enjoy this project and your find peace on this journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not every layout will be about Amy but this one just fit :) It's certainly a challenge!

      Delete
  3. dit is niet alleen mooi maar ook heerlijk om zo af en toe te koesteren.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is lovely, Anne! Thanks so much for sharing it with us. Have a wonderful week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you, Karen! I appreciate you stopping by and commenting. I hope you have a lovely weekend :)

      Delete

I am so delighted that you've taken time to come by and comment. Blessings for a joy-filled day!

1 Corinthians 1:3 ~ Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.