Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Mushrooms are Cool

Most days when I walk to the mailbox there are lots of mushrooms that have popped up along the drive, especially this time of year. I carry my camera with me because some of them are fascinating looking. That means it can take me a really long time to get the mail. I mean, look at those gorgeous tones on this mushroom! I can't take just one picture. Could you?


  And the way all the frilly curlies wave up from the base are irresistible! I actually got down on the ground with my face about 3 inches from the mushroom, set my camera to macro, smashed it down in the grass and slid it real close for this next one. I know. That's probably not good for said camera.


I wasn't sure if it was even going to come out clear. I just held my breath and snapped several shots. When I uploaded them and zoomed in even more, this is what was on the underside...camouflaged.


EEK! I don't like spiders. It freaked me out and I was so glad I didn't see it when my nose was almost on it. The camera may not have survived.  


Have you ever gone to a crazy extreme to get a photo? Not that this was crazy extreme or anything, just wondering. 

Sharing with
Tuesday Muse

Have a blessed day!




24 comments:

  1. The little white spiders like our lilies -- getting up close, you get see much more than you expected!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was glad I didn't him beforehand! Probably wouldn't have gotten any photos :)

      Delete
  2. Ja je moet er wel wat voor over hebben.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mushrooms are my favorite subject. I finally got some photos over the weekend. We have had so much rain here I guess mushrooms love it. Thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of rain here makes for plenty of photo ops with the mushrooms. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Fun post! I've often thought about getting down on the ground to take a shot and then wonder if I can get up without damaging myself or the camera! :D Never know what surprise a macro shot might give you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, getting up is a little challenging :) Have a great day!

      Delete
  5. Mushrooms are awesome! I'm in awe of their many wild fungi forms.
    I totally understand the getting the mail thing.. Our driveway is rather long and winding through the woods.. I often find my way back to the house with a magazine curled up to hold an extra handful or two of wild raspberries that grow along the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be posting some other pics later. Have several more that are so pretty :) I would love a raspberry bush!

      Delete
  6. Visiting from your guest post - what a sweet blog. I love the country life as well and your pictures capture it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mindy, Thanks for hopping over here. I enjoyed guest posting for Stephanie. She's such a sweetheart! Have a Happy 4th!!!

      Delete
  7. Anne, I LOVE mushrooms so much....I could put them in everything...well I kinda of do♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love to eat mushrooms too! I don't think any of these are edible. I'm not game to find out either :) Happy 4th!!!

      Delete
  8. Our wild mushrooms are not that pretty. The tones and frilly curlies are fun, Anne!

    Are these wild mushrooms edible?

    Robyn
    http://theranchwifechronicles.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea, Robyn, if they are edible for humans ;) I probably need to find an expert in mushrooms to find out. We have lots and lots of different kinds in our yard. Happy 4th!

      Delete
  9. I totally have gone to extremes, in fact on a regular basis. So amazing what you see when you are doing macro. I frequently see things that I did not see with my eyes at all. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanne! I've had a few cool discoveries :) Happy 4th of July!

      Delete
  10. Fantastic mushroom shots. They really do make interesting photo subjects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many different kinds. This one really was a great one to photograph. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  11. Wow, what great shots! And the spider *shudder* :) You are so talented, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Stephanie! Yeah, I was glad I didn't see him before. Not a spider person here ;)

      Delete
  12. That is definitely a cool mushroom especially the underneath. The spider . . . Eh . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was pretty nifty looking, too. Have a Happy 4th, Amy!

      Delete

I am so delighted that you've taken time to come by and comment. Blessings for a joy-filled day!

1 Corinthians 1:3 ~ Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.