Tuesday, February 21, 2012

When the Smoke Clears by Lynette Eason ~ Review

About the Book


After a brush with death due to equipment failure, smokejumper Alexia Allen is ordered to take time off while the incident is under investigation. She makes a last-minute decision to recuperate at her mother's home and attend her high school reunion. Yet trouble seems to be following her, and within hours of arriving home she is confronted with murder, arson--and a handsome detective.

But the conflicts ahead are nothing compared to the ghosts of her past. As she struggles to accept and forgive her family's past, she must also decide if the secret she's been guarding for the last ten years must finally come to light.

Chock-full of the suspense and romantic tension you've come to expect from Lynette Eason,                 When the Smoke Clears is the explosive first book in the Deadly Reunions series.







Author Bio

Lynette Eason is the author of several romantic suspense novels, including Too Close to HomeDon't Look Back, and A Killer Among Us. She is a member of American Fiction Christian Writers and Romance Writers of America. A homeschooling mother of two, she has a master's degree in education from Converse College. She lives in South Carolina.

You can contact her at the following places:

http://www.lynetteeason.com/

https://www.facebook.com/lynette.eason

http://www.infinitesuspensefromlynetteeason.blogspot.com/



My Review

I have a few go-to authors for suspense and Lynette Eason is right at the top! I am assured that every time I open to page one, I am NOT going to want to put the book down until I am finished.  Reading this one in the middle of the night, after my husband left for work, was almost more than I could take, but I toughed it out and was rewarded with much satisfaction for my bravery!

When the Smoke Clears is the ultimate in fast-paced suspense with the right amount of humor to give me just enough time to make sure that the creaking I heard was just this old house and then plunge me right back into the fray. I was right there, creeping down the dark basement stairs, and dodging bullets. I’m sure I was!

I had several theories along the way as to who was the villain. I even thought at one point it was who it was, but then a twist and turn occurred and I thought, Nah. It can’t be. I was guessing right up until the end and that’s what keeps me coming back for more. There’s still someone that needs to be exposed, and that makes waiting on the second and third books in the series extremely difficult. I am not a patient person!

This is one of my favorite books I have read! There’s a perfect blend of suspense and intrigue, a little romance and a spiritual theme of restoration running throughout. I highly encourage you to get a copy, especially those who live in the SC/NC area. The settings will be familiar. That’s another thing I enjoy about Lynette’s books. They’re set in my region and that always makes for a fun read.

Thanks to Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group, and the author for my review copy. These are my honest thoughts on the book.

To purchase:



Price:$14.99
Number of pages:352
Publication Date:Feb. 12
Formats:Paperback

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so delighted that you've taken time to come by and comment. Blessings for a joy-filled day!

1 Corinthians 1:3 ~ Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.